Lawrence, Kansas - Ray Pickering/Bob Hines/Stephen Blake

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Lawrence, Kansas - Ray Pickering/Bob Hines/Stephen Blake
From: Steven Silverstein <milano164@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 09:15:33 -0500
Would anyone remember Ray Pickering of Lawrence, Kansas?  He was an
ex-Air force person.  He owned a small repair shop in Lawrence.
I know he raced a Sunbeam from 1961-1965 (then he would let others race
it like Bob Hines and Stephen Blake).   Eventually, he started racing a
TR-4.

I would like to try and find somebody who may know more details on Ray.
  The Alpine he raced was a specially prepared Alpine built for Stirling
Moss at the 1961 Times Riverside GP.    It was light blue - neat car
with many special details.

Steve Silverstein