Re: Bell Mag 4 Helmet

To: John Donohoe <sevenamerica@yahoo.com>, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bell Mag 4 Helmet
From: Royce Miller <royce_miller@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 10:01:30 -0700 (PDT)
--- John Donohoe <sevenamerica@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello Gents and Ladies,
>
> I'm 'this' close to picking up a helmet for track days
> and autocross (for the moment). I really like the open
> face style and am considering the Bell Mag 4. Am I
> crazy to consider an open face helmet driving a Lotus
> Seven with no windscreen? I just hate the closed in
> feeling of my old full face I used for kart racing and
> would like the widest periferal visibility possible.
>
> Oh, and who's a good (economical) supplier?
>
> Your thoughts are appreciated - thanks.
>
> John Donohoe

Howdy,

At some tracks in Northern California, especially Thunderhill, I clean my
windshield after every session because of bugs and various car fluids that
get collected during 20-30 minutes on the track.  I wouldn't want all that
stuff on my face!  But I suppose it depends on how fast you plan on going
and how many events you are going to do.

Royce
'66 Lotus Cortina Mk1 vintage racer
Sacramento, CA USA