trailer leveling

To: "Vintage List" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: trailer leveling
From: "John P" <jpetrush@sc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 23:32:15 -0400
I tow a Pace 24 trailer.  The empty weight is 4400 pounds, loaded it is
around 6700.  The tongue weight is about 1200.   I know the tongue weight is
a tad high and I am working on rearranging the contents to meet the 60/40
guideline and to get the tongue weight down as far as possible.  My question
is this:  to help the rear spring sag in my 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 conversion
van, should I add booster springs or air shocks?  The van pulls, brakes and
handles fine.  Its just that the rear sits about 2 inches too low in a tow
setup.  Comments, advice and experiences welcome.

jp