Idea's for Cleaning Off the Underside of a Car???

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>, <saloons@jag-lovers.org>,
Subject: Idea's for Cleaning Off the Underside of a Car???
From: "Jeff Warner" <Jeff_Warner@ssa-sa.sel.sony.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 09:09:41 -0500
Hi,

I need to get all the undercoating and 40 years grease and dirt off the
underside of my car as I it will become a vintage racer and I need to instantly
know where something is leaking or when there are stress cracks in the metal.

Unfortunately the body is already completely refinished and painted - that's a
sentence I never thought I would type!!!! :  -)

Any ideas out there for me to try before I end up with what appears to be my
only choice... a few weekends and nights flat on my back on a creeper with a
series of putty knives and rags.

SPRAY ON SOLVENTS or cleaners?

Thanks

Jeff Warner