Re: Porsche tractor

To: Phil Trenholme <dim1@home.com>
Subject: Re: Porsche tractor
From: Mark Donaldson <ardmore@voyager.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 21:55:56 +1200
The old Healey "100" engine - basically the same 2660 cc unit  that went into
the
Austin Atlantic - powered the Austin scout car used by Bristish troops in the
Western Desert during WWII.  It was never a tractor engine though.  Close, but
no
cigar.

            And don't forget the very popular FIAT tractors... a division of
FIAT-AGRI if my memory serves me well.  I remember unloading them off ships on
the
Auckland waterfront (here in New Zealand) ... a well-paying job for an
impoverished student, 35 years ago!

Mark Donaldson
Auckland, NZ

Phil Trenholme wrote:

> I was told that my 1954 Austin Healey 100 4 cyl. 2.6 liter engine was
> originally a tractor engine.

> Elton Clark wrote:

///
///  vintage-race@autox.team.net mailing list