Re: Gray -Interior and Chassis Paint

To: "David Bondon" <david.bondon@mindspring.com>,
Subject: Re: Gray -Interior and Chassis Paint
From: "Carl Braun" <clbraun@mwci.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 11:38:16 -0500
I used Rust-oleum on a tube frame when I restored my sports racer two
seasons ago.  Smoke Grey #7786 is a perfect color match with what was
commonly used on many 1960's and 1970's sports racers.  However, it is not
durable and chips so easily that I will never use it again!

The following product which has been recommended time and again by vintage
racers.  Zynolyte Epoxy Rust-Mate is the product to search out.  Be sure to
use the epoxy.  It is very hard and very durable.  I use the black
extensively and it is the closest thing to powder coat I know of.

///
///  vintage-race@autox.team.net mailing list
///