Re: Pedigree, etc

To: borrani@att.net, VEENET@aol.com
Subject: Re: Pedigree, etc
From: Jhalfdime@aol.com
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 06:35:51 EDT
I think that anyone who has ever seen (and heard) the late Peter Helck's
Vanderbilt Cup winning "Old #16" Locomobile will agree that originality
should triumph over restoration except if there is an equipment safety issue.
    The last time I saw the old gray racer was when Helck drove it (without
tags) from his home in Boston Corners, NY, some thirty five miles, to the
Vanderbilt Mansion overlooking the Hudson River in Hyde Park, and had it been
restored, it would not have been anywhere near so impressive!
Cheers,
    Jim "Plug" Nichol
    '28 Morgan Aero
  '64 Morgan +4 4 place