RE: Tow Vehicle - Vintage?

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tow Vehicle - Vintage?
From: Michael Frank <mfrank@westnet.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 10:34:30 -0400
Since we're on the topic of vintage tow vehicles, let me share "Plan A",
long since scrapped. In 1952, the Cunningham team was using a modified
Fageol bus as a transporter, here's a photo of a model:

http://www.sptc.spb.ru/images/nost/220.htm

When I came across the following ad, I was ready to slide down the slippery
slope:

http://www.angelfire.com/biz2/DataQuestofTexas/Jag.html

But then I thought better of it...1952....no superhighways, no New England
Thruway,  no Long Island Expressway. The Whitestone Bridge was unsuitable
for truck  or bus traffic. Cunningham probably  loaded up at his garage in
Greens Farms, CT, trundled off down route 1 to the Bridgeport ferry, and
slugged on down to Bridgehampton...Less than an hour and a half of driving,
even at 40mph! No way this monster could keep up with modern roads.

So now I'm left with one question....who are the Lawson Gang/Seguin Speed Shop?

Mike Frank
New York