Fwd: Liability Insurance

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Liability Insurance
From: Tombread@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 11:15:36 EDT
--part1_df.4d872e7.265fef18_boundary

Tom Butters
The Greens Fork Group
Creative Communications Services
765.886.5098
Writing, public relations, sales promotion and advertising consulting
services for agencies and companies.

--part1_df.4d872e7.265fef18_boundary

From: Tombread@aol.com
Full-name: Tombread
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 10:33:47 EDT
Subject: Re: Liability Insurance
To: pat@prismacars.com

In a message dated 5/26/00 9:26:00 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
pat@prismacars.com writes:

<< In most other countries if you sue and lose you pay for the other party's
 defense. >>
Although there is way too much frivolous litigation in this country -- the
"California Blight," i.e., someone has been injured so someone is going to
pay--  I think this would be a bad solution.  At least our system lets the
little guy sue the big guy with a reasonable chance of an equitable outcome,
even though the process is abused every day.  The tort system needs overhaul
and our law schools need to slow down graduation rates.  Until recently we
graduated more new lawyers every year than Japan has practicing.  I know a
number of young lawyers who cannot find work in the profession, or don't want
to; too many lawyers leads to too much litigation.  And the whole issue of
diminishing personal responsibility needs to be dealt with.