Re: Liability

To: mgvrmark@hotmail.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Liability
From: Tombread@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 12:53:05 EDT
In a message dated 5/24/00 11:32:53 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
mgvrmark@hotmail.com writes:

<< Also what happens if a spectator sues a driver.  >>
Not too long ago I was following (in NSSN) the case of a driver who is/was
aggressively sued by the family of a flagman killed by a flying sprint car.
Does anyone know the outcome of this?  It sounded like an ugly precedent.  I
remember that Mark Donahue's widow sued everyone in sight including Armco
when he was killed, but the concept of filing against all parties is pretty
commonplace since you can drop defendants but generally cannot add them after
filing, as I understand it.

Tom Butters
The Greens Fork Group
Creative Communications Services
765.886.5098
Writing, public relations, sales promotion and advertising consulting
services for agencies and companies.