Re: Magazine Collecting

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Magazine Collecting
From: EeeMCee@cs.com
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 01:05:48 EDT
In a message dated 04/27/2000 9:51:56 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
murryt@home.com writes:

<< Here's a subject that merits not only discussion,
 > it should be analyzed on a therapists couch.
 >
 > The hardest thing I ever did was to pitch my
 > "valuable" car magazine collection when we moved.
 > After trying to give it to the library, the old
 > folks home and the Boy Scouts, I discovered even
 > the recycling company didn't want them.
 >
 > I know - one of these days you're going to go
 > back and reread all those great articles.
 >
 > Get a grip on reality, that end of your bedroom
 > is sagging, the foundation can only hold so much
 > weight!
 >  >>
What a shame to dump them. Perhaps the national automotive museum would want
them.
I LOVE to go back to these resources and look up a new acquisition to see (A)
what it is,and (B) what they thought of it back when it came out.
I've had to buy books from out of country to try and learn more about my
"new" Austin 10. I just don't have enough old Motors or autocars etc.
Interestingly, I've never seen a Canadian Automobile magazine and I have
floor to ceiling and wall to wall car magazines primarily concerning
sportscars and particularly British cars. NOTHING on Japanese or German cars!

Michael Rogers @ Toad manor

British Cars are for ENTHUSIASTS