Re: Magazine Collecting

To: Murray Taylor <murryt@home.com>
Subject: Re: Magazine Collecting
From: Simon Favre <simon@mondes.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 10:47:58 -0700
Yes, they are. I've bought some of those things too. The only problem I
have with this sort of thing is when people slice the magazine up and
sell only the few pages of one article for a sum that would buy the
whole mag at most antique shows. I came away with a treasure trove of
stuff from one antique show at a local mall. I've even lent some of
these treasures to an author doing research.

In case you're wondering, no I'm not buying whole collections. What I'm
interested in is specifically Formula Junior articles. I love reading
the want ads in the back of these mags. They make you want to cry, tho.
The period full page ads are great too.

Of course, the real treasure was my childhood comic book collection my
mother threw out on one of our endless series of moves. Batman, Superman,
Green Lantern, Mad Magazine, the books of Don Martin, you name it. All
gone. I think I saved one or two Don Martin books. They were so funny,
they were almost lethal.