Re: CSRG at Sears Point

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: CSRG at Sears Point
From: Ccanepa50@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 21:45:59 EST
I'll throw in my 2 cents on this one,
I ran my sprite  (for the first time in 2 years) in group 4, small bore
production, we had a 25+ car grid, had a great time out there, seems our
group was real good (or  more likely just lucky) this time out,  seemed
everyone had a clear mind,steady hand, and keen eyes,   I am all for less
incidents like everyone else, not sure tires are the way to get there but
certainly understand that the board (and entire VMC) is in the frying pan
here and will need to do something to extricate itself.  I would like our
club to consider as part of the  reprimand process  that the offending
drivers be required to work D.O. each weekend they are suspended (or work 1
group D.O. each day while on probation), instead of just not coming to our
event and going out racing with VARA, Sovren,SCCA Vintage  or some other
club.........(ie: A driver should be suspended for a given number of events
worked, not for just a stretch of time)  I personally always enjoyed D.O.-ing
but the time is hard to allocate when the car falters or  needs
attention..............
I know at least one formula car driver that was livid about his groups
behavior,  especially in the Sunday race......dont  off them all yet
Myles......         chuck canepa