RE: Real Women Racers....

To: LMR356@aol.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Real Women Racers....
From: "Mark Palmer" <mgvrmark@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 02:40:39 GMT
Lee's last paragraph reminded me of a vintage race a few years ago at New
Hampshire Int'l (formerly Bryar), a VSCCA event.  In the Under-2-Litre
Production class, as I was sitting on the grid, I realized that 4 out of the
top 6 or 7 qualifiers were women -- including the pole sitter.  As I recall
they were Deb Abraham, Kathy Bain, Sandy McNeil and Mari Ryan.  Can't recall
exactly how the race finished but I know I trailed Deb and Sandy, at least.

As someone observed at the time "the fast cars & beautiful women of VSCCA,
or is that the beautiful cars and ..."

Maybe I better not sign this one.