Anybody Know What These Wheels Are?

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Anybody Know What These Wheels Are?
From: Chad Raynal <chad.raynal@excite.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 13:29:56 -0800 (PST)
Hello All,

Sorry if you've already responded to this request, but mail problems have
excluded me from ANY "vintage-race" content over the past couple weeks.

Back to the point.. I was wondering if any of you might know what type of
wheel this is... or what type of car it was originally on:

  http://members.xoom.com/oldracecars/images/wheel.jpg

The wheel had to have been produced during or before 1967.  I've looked at
several 60's Ferrari rims, but haven't seen an exact match yet.  A friend on
this vintage mailing list suggested Lola T-70, but I just haven't seen these
exact rims on a T-70.

The picture is from the Hollywood Sports Cars McLaren M1a/b that Jim Adams
drove in 1966 and 1967 USRRC and Can-Am races.  The rims were only used on
the front.

Thank you for your time.

Chad Raynal

Visit http://freeworld.excite.com