Re: Sand Cast Carbs

To: "Richard Buckingham, Jr." <rebjrmd@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Sand Cast Carbs
From: Simon Favre <simon@mondes.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 15:31:21 -0800
I have similar carbs on my Bourgeault Formula Junior. They really are
awful carbs. ;=( I have gotten rebuild kits from Pierce Manifolds in
Gilroy, CA (831-842-6667). I'm not sure if they would have spare jet
covers. The ID plates are being reproduced. I bought a pair at Concours
Italiano a few years back. Another source of parts, ideas would be a
place that specializes in rebuilding 1950's Maseratis. Expect to pay
Maserati prices! I also know Epifani in Berkeley has worked on some
Fiat powered Juniors. They may have spares.

You could machine some new covers out of billet Aluminum. I had a
similar problem. The covers had been drilled, and the ID plates were
gone. Most of the places you would find on the Web dealing in Weber
carbs would not even know what a DCO is. The one and only part that
is the same as on a DCOE is the main jet itself.