Re: the time I blew off tech

To: nick@cs.unc.edu, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: the time I blew off tech
From: DonJQueen@aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 11:46:37 EDT
In a message dated 10/05/1999 9:25:01 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
nick@cs.unc.edu writes:

<<
 I am sure that tech inspectors have very few stories to tell about
 the drivers they deal with - none of whom are clueless or the least
 bit conceited. Oh no, surely not :-) :-)

 In truth, I think we all greatly appreciate the volunteers who make it
 possible for us to go play in traffic - the tech inspectors,
 corner workers, timing & scoring, etc. Don't forget to wave on your
 cool down lap and to thank them whenever you can.
 Remember the corner worker motto, "No Wave, No Save."

 Best Regards & Have Fun,
 Nick England >>
Well said Nick, I've patiently read all the tales about how dumb tech people
are - no doubt written by those of us who would never think of volunteering
to help out.
Tech, corner workers, club officers are not a sub species - they make our
sport possible.
Don Queen