Re: SU Carbs

To: vinttr4@geneseo.net
Subject: Re: SU Carbs
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 11:48:48 -0400
I'd bet a donut that the mixture won't change more than a wee tad between
running a spring, and not.  The point is that the vacuum signal that raises
the piston really wants to get equalized so it raises the piston until it
is.  the difference between the weight of the piston and the additional
force of the spring isn't all that much.  Now, for part throttle, street
type use, where the vacuum signal is less aggressive than wide open
throttle, the spring probably does have an effect, and the carb probably
would run somewhat randomly richer.

If t'was me, I'd run some springs.  They would probably help keep the
mixture lean during off-throttle or part throttle running, and would clean
up your transition back to full throttle coming out of corners, etc.

Brian