Alfa GTAm Fender Flares

To: "'Vintage Race'" <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Alfa GTAm Fender Flares
From: alfaguy@nettally.com (David A. Anderson)
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 08:02:39 -0000
Thanks to all who responded for the tips on use of fender flares.  Many =
suggestions were to go back to the sources for what was allowed, like =
SCCA.  I'll try to do that.  Remember that I am talking about factory =
produced items that are listed in the Alfa's Performance Options =
Catalog.  The full fender GTAm type are in my 1971 book, and were in use =
after that date (on virtually all the cars in Europe that I have photos =
of).  There was also a small rear flare used on the GTA's but much =
earlier.  Part 3 of the Trans-Am feature carried in Vintage Motorsport =
(Nov/Dec 1995), page 26, shows Horst Quecks's GTA wearing a set of the =
small rear flares in 1968.  Do the Alfa historians know if these =
available in 1967 too ?=20
The Trans-Am rules were based on FIA Group two Sedan rules.  Is there a =
source for old FIA Rules ?  dave anderson, alfaguy@nettally.com