SSP#2 - HP:IQ Ratios

To: Vintage Race <VINTAGE-RACE@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: SSP#2 - HP:IQ Ratios
From: Jeremy Braithwaite <ATROZ@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 1997 23:00:18 -0500
Silly Season Project #2 - Horsepower:IQ Ratios

Rob Lesslie takes credit for this one ... but first some background/

 We have a class of racing in Australia called HQ Holdens.  These are
Levaithan sized GM products made in vast quantities in Australia which fo=
some unknown reason have failed to surrender to the crusher.  In an attem=
pt
to kill off the last of them some bright spark invented HQ racing on the
basis that it would permit the great unwashed to have a chance to perform=

out there with the big boys.

It has become a double tragedy:
1. They completely emptied the pubs with "would be if they could be's" an=
the 'racing drivers' with giant pot bellies now inhabit the country's
racuing circuits.
2. There were many more HQ's than people dreamed off - and despite the be=
st
efforts from the pub crowd they haven't run out of cars.

Anyway whenever Rob sees a HQ race he goes away muttering about HQ:HP
ratios.  Everybody knows what he meas ... but how on earth do you define
it?

BTW HQ's are old enough to be vintage so this is not off topic.  The
Australian Historic Commission would collectively shudder in their boots =
at
the thought of admitting them to our ranks!

regards

Jeremy Braithwaite
Age & Treachery Racing Australia

For details of FF rentals, test days and corporate days see:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/atroz

1970 Lotus 61MX - Team Holland
1976 Bowin P6F
1983 Reynard FF83 =

1986 Isuzu FVR Pantechnicon
1972 Datsun 240Z
1992 RF92 Van Diemen Wanted
1997 Ford Falcon XR8 Tickford
A large collection of model cars

Investor in the Lance Ruting Collection of motorsport photographs