Re: Climate Question

To: Simon Favre <favres@engmail.ulinear.com>
Subject: Re: Climate Question
From: hayes@mediaone.net
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 10:06:53 -0500
Simon Favre wrote:

> Since Glycol is banned at most tracks, what do people in cold climates
> do to their race cars for winter storage?  Drain the water with Water
> Wetter and put in anti-freeze for the winter?

Ah, the spring and fall ritual of the changing of the coolant. Not a
good idea to leave 'em emply, as pockets of water can freeze. I use it
as an opportunity to check everything and then after changing the
coolant, warmup the engine and run the carbs dry to prevent them  being
gummed up as the gas evaporates ( same after every race).
Trying propylene glycol this year as it is both non-poisonous and a
better antifreeze.
--
Jim Hayes  Winchester, MA, USA
hayes@mediaone.net         http://www.fotec.com/jim.htm