Re: legality ad naseum

To: dennism@elginsweeper.com, vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: legality ad naseum
From: Wrtr@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 10:09:10 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-12-01 09:32:58 EST, dennism@elginsweeper.com writes:

<<  I cannot run group 1 because they do
 not want "mid-fifties" sports cars or the pre-war guys won't run. So I run
 group2 and watch my mirrors!

 Dennis Murphy >>

I know, and I think it is a real pity. I had a wonderful 1953 Chrysler New
Yorker, similar to the car Paul Frere ran at the 24 hour race at Spa and the
Mille Miglia in 1953. I wanted to run it in Group One. It would have been
very slow, but kind of neat. No go. I love racing in Gp One with my MG and
maybe someday with the Chrysler, but I agree there should be room for correct
cars like your Jaguar. Unfortunetly, I am just one of the mid-grid guys,
grateful for a place to run...

Kevin Clemens
MGTD, 1927 Chrysler