Re: legality ad naseum

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: legality ad naseum
From: Dennis Murphy <dennism@elginsweeper.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 08:07:43 -0600 (CST)
At 06:38 PM 11/30/97 -0500, you wrote:

>Maybe there is a way to agree on a preservation class-- one that doesn't
>emphasize performance as much as it does attitude. In a way VSCDA Group One
>is already like that. But that group only shows up at two or three races a
>year, and never far from Chicago (as some owners DRIVE their cars to the
>track!). Consider this another half-baked idea, run up the flagpole....
>
>Kevin Clemens
>MGTD, 1927 Chrysler Model 70 (which I worked on today!)

Great idea, but VSCDA group 1 has an "attitude" about excluding others who
want to run in "original" configuration. I am running a stock XK-120 with
drum brakes all around and L section Dunlops. My lap times would put me
right in the middle of group 1, but.... I cannot run group 1 because they do
not want "mid-fifties" sports cars or the pre-war guys won't run. So I run
group2 and watch my mirrors!

Dennis Murphy
Geneva, IL