Triumph GT6 at Le Mans

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Triumph GT6 at Le Mans
From: Scott McGibney <mcgibney@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 08:55:03 +1200
Hi group

The following post came up on the Triumph list with no resolution, Has anyone
here any info on
this?

>Does anyone know of  about the
>appearance of any GT6s at Le Mans?  A couple of years ago I attended the
>vintage races at Watkins Glen and camped next to a blue/yellow striped
>race prepared GT6 that had plates in it indicating an appearance at Le
>Mans.  Although I photgraphed the car I never spoke to the owner.  I
>know spitfire coupes went to the race and the GT6 came from this I've
>never seen anything about GT6s there.  I wonder if a list of
>entrants/finishing positions exists from the late '60s that covers the
>smaller  teams.
>
>1. A sticker across the top of the windshield has this: a Union Jack, an
>unreadable square, "24 HEURES DU MANS", "10-11 JUIN 196? (either 8
>or 9, I can't tell), another unreadable square, another Union Jack, and
>"BRG".
>
>2. The car is badged as a GT6+ (does this indicate US origin?)
>
>3. The driver's name over the door is "Mark Loucks".  The car # is 26.

Would have had to be '69  as the '68 race was in Sept. I only have finish
results, no starter
lists and have't found any reference to it. A few of us curious GT6 owners
would like to know.

Thanks
Scott