Re: Handling

To: Vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Handling
From: "Kevin D. O'Connor" <oconnor@fuse.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 1997 20:35:51 +0000
Regarding the handling debate, I found the Addco bars on my (IRS) TR6
to be quite effective in limiting body roll.  A good book to read
about suspensions is Fred Puhn's "How to Make Your Car Handle."

Some of the best live-axle autocross cars I've seen do not run rear
anti-roll bars at all.  Instead, they use adjustable panhard rods
which can have the same tunability as an anti-roll bar.  I believe
weight transfer is controlled by changing the roll-center height of
the live-axle with the panhard rod.  These cars also had lsd units
installed.

Something to consider.

Kevin D. O'Connor