Re: panasport wheels

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net, chkangmd@qnis.net ("Christopher H. Kang, MD")
Subject: Re: panasport wheels
From: Jackson Zimmermann <jzimmerm%acva@mail.co.albemarle.va.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 11:14:57 -0500
There are two places that I would try.  The first is Paul Spruell at
(800) 552-2532 (Spruell specializes in Alfas, however can order anything
from Panasport) and the other is K-Speed at (800) 494-0708 (seems to be
specifically geared to selling rims, particularly for racing).  If you
are getting some special offset or bolt pattern spacing, K-Speed seems to
be a bit more oriented to doing these sorts of things.  If you are
ordering a rim type that comes stock from Panasport in the particular
offset and bolt pattern for your specific  car, Spruell may have the best
price.  At either location you may have to wait up to several weeks to
several months depending upon what you order.  About 2 months ago,
Spruell was about $15/rim cheaper on 13X5.5 Panasport FF racing rims
(perfect for Sprites) with a cost of ~$148 a rim (still a bit pricey for
me until I sell my MGB-GTs).

If you are willing to pay a little extra, K-Speed can often get a blank
rim quicker and drill it for your application.  The upside is that they
can fit virtually anything and it may be faster than waiting for that
'specific' rim to come from Japan if the importer's stock is low. The
downside is that it costs a little more.

Good Luck!  I have no connection to either of these companies.  They both
advertize in GRM and seem to have the best prices around.  Let me know
how it turns out and if you find anyone who sells them for less.

Jackson Zimmermann
jzimmerm@mail.co.albemarle.va.us
'64 A-H Sprite