Re: Race Liability Insurance

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Race Liability Insurance
From: jeh@world.std.com (jim hayes)
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 1996 22:55:34 -0400
> While racing, I do something really dumb and finish up T-bone'ing a nice b
> In doing so, I DNF the unfortunate driver who happens to have been the ver
> VeryFast Airlines.
> His family is not at all pleased with this result and sues me for everythi

Having nearly T-boned two D-Types over the last few years , I understand
your concern...however...
I believe you will find the disclaimer you sign at the track precludes being
sued (or suing) for any reason. When I took a SCCA drivers school at Willow
Springs a few years ago, my instructor told us the only time a suit has ever
reached a courtroom was when a student did something an instructor told him
to do and got hurt! The issue was that the instructor was potentially at
fault.
And don't take this as legal advice, either!

jeh@fotec.com         http://www.fotec.com/jim.htm
veni, vedi, veloce