Re: [TR] A type O/D leak - operating lever

To: Angelo <agraham@execulink.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] A type O/D leak - operating lever
From: David Porter <frogeye@porterscustom.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 19:22:01 -0600
--===============1361154964848800848==
 boundary="------------42F90C2535D66EAE062E6DCB"

--------------42F90C2535D66EAE062E6DCB

yes, just be careful not to drift the keeper pin all the way out.
Difficult to re-insert. Not impossible. Can squeeze it back in with
channel lock style pliers. Not much swing room for a hammer..

DaveP

--
Dave Porter Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM
87107 505-352-1378 Go HERE: my world www.porterbikes.com/

--------------42F90C2535D66EAE062E6DCB

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      Difficult to re-insert. Not impossible. Can squeeze it back in
      with channel lock style pliers. Not much swing room for a hammer..</p>
      List:
      In trying to track down a troubling, steady leak in my early (TR2)
      A-type O/D, noticed that the likely source was the right hand side
      of the operating lever. This is the shaft that has the adjustment
      lever and hole in the casing that is used to set up the solenoid
      lever. Evidently, this shaft on the right side end has an O-ring
      in the case recess.
      Just wondering if the O-ring can be replaced with the O/D in the
      car? Anyone been there? The Buckeyes site has good info on the
      lever and the roll-pin. Would like to avoid pulling trans/OD at
      this point in the coming driving season.
      Thanks for any help with this one.
      Angelo Graham
      ---
      software.
      <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="https://www.avast.com/antivirus";>https://www.avast.com/antivirus</a>
      ** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";>triumphs@autox.team.net</a> **
      Donate: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";>http://www.team.net/donate.html</a>
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>
      Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a>
      Unsubscribe/Manage:
      <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/frogeye@porterscustom.com";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/frogeye@porterscustom.com</a>
      Dave Porter
      Porter Custom Bicycles
      2909 Arno St. NE
      Albuquerque, NM 87107
      505-352-1378
      Go HERE: my world <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="http://www.porterbikes.com/";>www.porterbikes.com/</a>

--===============1361154964848800848==--