[TR] TR3A flywheel bolt on ring gear

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR3A flywheel bolt on ring gear
From: terryrs@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 22:26:04 +0000 (UTC)
Thread-index: Wx13wObG9J+oOm1ARubrJsnrZEygCA== s=q20140121; t=1455747965; bh=hPPzovfijEyZc1OxfkwPclhBrdEEpJF6SB8umz1KMGg=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=NnU/TVKSgG5pytpy9WMhpJ622uY1EeU+PIpEbZJHJCgFFxnQPvVmMsxOhOK14wwJu KcdvmPRUR8gQw8QxhOcY+34cuSN0RBUKKSLMk/xfpUssVfeIsY+cFo2XKeav/1USBg 79Z2qYBQw7xabqq2xB/p5zgdFszFPBxrk2qkyEE+HWjxwPOMkUKKpnARfugs83eLbH jQ7f4ktF6ZDk3R/WbakFewkDDXmvWiWIZ8mYGWwsM7qeMEs3PutM0LjDCDsftnFGGr dGRkWWl/450jk8arOQN2hTg2nNtltvO3/jjeFb7Xe4EfVvwWlw/WyWHLgn4zOeXPiJ bNuw+XZaaflcA==
Question:  were there different gear ratios on the ring gear?  Reason I ask,
while I had the OD tranny out, I replaced the flywheel with a freshly machined
one.  It had a somewhat better condition ring gear already bolted on.  I don't
know the year of production of the replacement flywheel.  Bolted the same
starter back in, but when I try to start the engine, the starter clicks and
whirrs, but doesn't engage. Jumped it with a good battery, seems to be a strong
electrical current going in.  Engine turns freely by hand even with the spark
plugs still in.

Thoughts?

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A  TS 58667
New Hampshire where in a two day period it went from minus 20 degrees to in the
50's.  Gotta love New England!

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive