Re: [TR] Grease in the rear drum

To: "terryrs@comcast.net" <terryrs@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Grease in the rear drum
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahneetr@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2015 15:09:21 -0700
Cc: TR3/6 <triumphs@autox.team.net>

--20cf307abdc929611f0517e0a9a1

Possible but not as likely as gear oil in my opinion.  I think excessive
grease in the hub should get into the axle unless the hub seal has failed.

Did you smell what you found?  You might compare its smell to grease &
whatever you are using in the diff.

Geo

On Sat, Jun 6, 2015 at 10:29 AM, <terryrs@comcast.net> wrote:

> Pulled the rear drum on the TR3 and found grease contaminating it inside.
> At first I thought I had a differential oil leak into the hub, but because
> it's more like grease, is it possible that I've overpumped grease at the
> axle bearing?
>
> Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
> New Hampshire
>
> ** triumphs@autox.team.net **
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:

--20cf307abdc929611f0517e0a9a1

=C2=A0 I think excessive grease in the hub should get into the axle unless =
und?=C2=A0 You might compare its smell to grease &amp; whatever you are usi=
_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Sat, Jun 6, 2015 at 10:29 AM,  <s=
pan dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:terryrs@comcast.net"; target=3D"_blank=
uote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1e=
x">Pulled the rear drum on the TR3 and found grease contaminating it inside=
.=C2=A0 At first I thought I had a differential oil leak into the hub, but =
because it&#39;s more like grease, is it possible that I&#39;ve overpumped =
grease at the axle bearing?<br>
Terry Smith, &#39;59 TR3A<br>
New Hampshire<br>
** <a href=3D"mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";>triumphs@autox.team.net</a> *=