Re: [TR] TR6 Jacking Points

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Jacking Points
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 19:06:11 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 2/8/2012 5:35:58 PM Central Standard Time,
fishplate@charter.net writes:
> So, I've managed to get my '75 TR6 up on stands several times, but it's
> not clear to me where I can lift the thing.  On the front I see the
> crossmember under the oil pan, but there's also the radiator support
> that looks pretty stout.  At the rear, there's no place obvious except
> the "t-shirt" area, but I can see that would be a bad idea.  Plus, it's
> hard to slide the jack that far underneath.
>
> So...what's the best way to get a TR6 up on jack stands?

The two frame rails come pretty close together at the T-shirt area so you
can lift there setting the jack under one of the rails.  But that is a little
bit unstable.  I use a 2X4 to span the gap and up it goes.  But with the
jack lifting from the side the car wants to move sideways on the front stands
so I lift in stages and square things up once it is up.

Dave

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive