Re: [TR] Quick TR3 Brake Line Question

To: Randall <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Quick TR3 Brake Line Question
From: Wayne Brazinski <wayne@brazinski.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 23:09:33 -0500
You are correct as usual Randall, and sorry for the poor description.  I
just hopped under the car to refresh my memory.  So the front calipers and
consolidated rear drums present 3 male connectors that match the type
provided on the original vehicle.

I will need to re-plumb the braking system so the rear drums go to a single
master cylinder and the fronts go to the second master cylinder - thus
creating redundancy in the event of a failure in either circuit.

If I use the regular copper nickel line sets we would normally use I will
have to change the British male fitting where it connects the USA Master
Cylinder.  If I use USA piping I will have to produce a female that will
connect to the 3 British Male Connectors.

So I guess my real question is - is there a piping kit or toolset that would
allow me to make brake pipe sets with the different ends on?

THANKS!!

Wayne

On 9/13/10 9:22 PM, "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com> wrote:

>> I have replaced the short
>> flexible lengths of
>> TR brake line on all four corners with new stainless braided
>> brake line
>
> I'm not sure I understand the question.  The original TR3 setup only has 3
> flexible lines, the rear wheels have hard lines connected directly to the
> wheel cylinders.  Unless you replace the rear wheel cylinders, whatever hard
> line you install must have nuts with the extended unthreaded tip like the
> originals, otherwise it won't seal properly to the rear cylinders.  I'm not
> sure about the tee connector on the rear axle, but I wouldn't be surprised
> if it requires the extended tips as well.
>
> OTOH, it's unlikely you are using the original rear axle, so ???
>
> Randall

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47