Re: [TR] Powder Coating Question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Powder Coating Question
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 08:48:00 EDT
In a message dated 9/8/2010 7:59:47 PM Central Daylight Time,
elliottr@rmi.net writes:
> I have to replace the water pump and decided to do the pump housing as
> well on my Spitfire.
>
> I am thinking of powder coating the parts.  Can I powder coat the pump?
> or are there parts that would get damaged by the heat?
>
> I know I would have to protect the vanes (entire side where the gasket
> is), the bolt holes and the groove in the pulley.  Anything else to
> consider assuming the heat won't kill the pump?

You can do the pump housing, there's noting there to harm.  Be sure to mask
off the block attachment and pump mounting mating surfaces.

I wouldn't even consider the pump for reasons outlined by Randall.

Dave

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47