Re: [TR] TR3B rear motor mount

Subject: Re: [TR] TR3B rear motor mount
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 19:44:39 -0700
> The earlier, non-syncro 1st gear boxes, are about 3/4" shorter than the
> TR3B-TR6 boxes. That is what is behind Ed's question.

I agree, except the difference is closer to 3/8" than 3/4".

I would also like to know the answer to Ed's question for certain; but my
_guess_ would be that they simply drilled the rear crossmember 3/8" farther
back.  I don't have them handy; but at one time I had a photo of a TR3B rear
crossmember, that appeared to simply have the two holes farther back.

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net