Re: [TR] Clutch advice

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Clutch advice
From: "William L. Smith" <smithw1@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 22:25:39 -0400
Bill,

Several years ago a friend with a TR6 replaced his clutch assembly and then
experienced a squeeling sound also.  We pulled the tranny and found that a
roll pin was missing from the throw-out bearing groove that the release fork
ends sit in. This pin keeps the throw out bearing from spinning (the bearing
spinning on the shaft causes a squeeling noise), and apparently was not
provided with the new bearing.  We took the pin from the old bearing,
installed it in the new bearing, reassembled everything, and the squeeling
stopped.

Not sure if this is your problem, but it might be worth taking a look to see
if that roll pin is in place.

Bill Smith

72 TR6

80 TR7