Re: [TR] Clutch advice

To: "Steinman,Bill" <wsteinman@pogolaw.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] Clutch advice
From: Greg Perry <rgperry@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 21:14:51 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Bill,

Using the spring along side the slave cylinder would attempt to pull the
throwout bearing away from the clutch plate fingers.  I believe that using the
spring to pull the clutch shaft arm toward the rear of the car would put the
throwout bearing in contact with the clutch plate fingers.  This would be the
same as putting a little pressure on the clutch pedal to make the bearing noise
 go away.  Now all this depends on the quality/ type bearing (continuous use or
momentary use) that was installed.  On the other hand was the transmission
lined up/ centered properly using the 3/8" alignment dowels when last
installed?  I'll leave it to other list members that have been through this
before to correct/ add to these thoughts.
Regards,
Greg Perry