Re: [TR] Re: Gear Ratios (General Automotive Question)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Re: Gear Ratios (General Automotive Question)
From: Mike Kitchener <mikek@9online.fr>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 19:14:41 +0200
Steve,
Just my two pence worth.
As far as I'm concerned , final drive and rear axle are the same
thing....so a car has only one final drive ratio .
If the car has a four speed gearbox , plus reverse , with overdrive
on three forward gears , then the car has eight "overall ratios".

Cheers,

Mike....on the east side of the pond .
http://mikek.9online.fr/index.htm

===     http://www.vtr.org