[TR] camshafts

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] camshafts
From: Jim and Andreas Vassiliadis <diggle@clear.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 20:47:53 +1300
Is there any way of telling if the camshaft in a TR is standard or slightly
hot.
I'm probably reading the vacuum gauge incorrectly but it seems to indicate a
non standard cam if the following website is correct:
http://www.secondchancegarage.com/public/186.cfm

What should the vacuum reading at idle be for a TR4 type engine, mine is 17-18
in. at sea level.
Also what battery should I get a 9 plate or 11 plate one.
My batteries only really last about 12-18 months due to not using the car too
often in the past. I had the battery on a trickle charge for 36hours and it
only really cranked the engine over for a dozen or so times so I figured that
it was time for a new battery.

Jim and the black TR4.

===     http://www.vtr.org