A question for the historians

To: "TR" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: A question for the historians
From: "David Hammond" <d_hammond@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 11:43:21 -0800
My early TR4 does not have the Triumph lettering on the hood or boot. Could
the holes have been covered up by a PO, or is it possible some TR4s did not
include the lettering?

Rich
61TR4

Well, AFAIK, they all had the TRIUMPH lettering on the bonnet and boot, but
it is most likely covered over by whomever did the last paintjob.

Last time mine was painted, I specifically pointed out to the painter the
location of all the holes and left explicit instructions not to cover them
over.  Well of course, he did cover them over and they have disappeared.  I
was able to find the holes for placing the TR4 emblem, but no the lettering.
It was too smooth and I couldn't find any dimples, etc. to find the location
of them, so I just decided to leave the letters off the bonnet.  I kinda
like it that way now ... more understated.  I do have it on the trunk/boot.
Some people notice it, but most don't, and those that do notice usually like
it better anyway.  YMMVV.

David R. Hammond
63 TR 4       CT17780 LO
68 TR 250   CD185 LO