RE: TR4 status and ZS question

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 status and ZS question
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 18:53:17 -0800
> I'm assuming my problem is a stuck needle valve or bad float which allows
> fuel to flood the carburetor - but I wanted to ask the list if
> that sounds reasonable.

Yup, just about has to be those, or something similar.

>  I really didn't want to break apart the carbs - if
> the needle
> valve is just gummed up from old fuel, has anyone had similar experiences
> and can recommend something to feed into the carburator to degum it?

Honestly, I wouldn't bother, Randy.  It's not likely to be a matter of being
just gummed up, much more likely that there is FOD in the valve or the float
has failed or something similar.  Go ahead and pull the carb off, it's not
as bad a job as it looks.   When you see how much crud is in the bowl,
you'll be glad you did.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org