re: TR4 status and ZS question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: TR4 status and ZS question
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 22:02:37 EST
Randy,
sounds reasonable to me..
you could remove bowl in situ, then the float, then the check valve.. for
cleaning and checking.. but probably easier on your limbs, eyes, and delicate
carb parts, to remove the carburettor first..
after 7 years might need a new rubber o-ring for the jet adjuster, a bowl
gasket, too..
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

<<I'm assuming my problem is a stuck needle valve or bad float which allows
fuel to flood the carburetor - but I wanted to ask the list if that sounds
reasonable. >>

===     http://www.vtr.org