RE: TR4 Wire Wizards?

To: <TR250Driver@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 Wire Wizards?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 18:47:13 -0800
> But that is not my problem for now.  I am just trying to get the  wiring
> right to the lamps and according to every diagram I have the
> front  indicators
> call for GW wires for both LH & RH, # 41 & 42.

Seems to be a misprint in the factory manuals, that cannot be right.

I'd suggest you get Dan Masters' diagram.  It correctly shows GW wires going
only to RH turn signals, front and rear.  (I took the liberty ... hope
you're either not on dial-up or it's worth it !)

> Up front on  this
> Four I have 1 GW
> wire and 1 GR wire to work with.  Going to the rear  the diagram
> calls for GR
> wires to both sides, # 47 & 48. I have a GW on the  RH and a GR
> on the LH.
> That is where I am stuck. Sounds stupid Huh?  But it  is real!

GW is RH turn signal, GR is LH turn signal.  Tail and marker filaments are
red wires, brake is GP.

I don't recall offhand if the TR4 uses double filament bulbs or not, but if
it does, be sure you use the dimmer filament for the tail/parking lights.

Randall

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/png which had a name of TR4
schematic Dan Masters 6.png]

===     http://www.vtr.org