Re: TR4 Wire Wizards?

To: tr3driver@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 Wire Wizards?
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 11:13:20 EST
In a message dated 12/14/2005 10:25:30 AM Eastern Standard Time,
tr3driver@comcast.net writes:

> That could be correct, if it is a dual-filament bulb/holder.  Piggott seems
> say it should be single filament though.  If it's single, then the other
> wire
> would be ground and the red wire should go to the separate "side lights" at
> the
> top corners of the grille.
>
> Randall

Thanks Randall,
I think it is a single filament but I will check that.  The "side lights"
were missing so I am fitting new ones and they have R wires going to R and B
wires going to ground.  By the length of the B wire I am guessing that the
ground
wires go to the clips on the body at the inner wing, up front, which BTW were
missing too. LH turn lamp looks as if the ground would also go to the wing
clip since the original portion is cut and spliced into another length of wire
make it to the harness. RH turn lamp is where I might get confused.  Both
wires are original, covered with cloth, uncut and long enough to make it to the
harness so if I connect the ground to the clip on that side I will have a bunch
of extra wire hanging there.
It makes it confusing for me when the previous owners did weird wiring
things.  You should see it under the dash!  There are wires hanging loose all
over
the place.  It is amazing to me that this car ran so well and actually worked.
For sure they had to be using the old arm signals for making turns.
Darrell

===     http://www.vtr.org