TR? motor (V669ME) & gear box identification question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR? motor (V669ME) & gear box identification question
From: CFisher@borgwarner.com
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 08:01:42 -0600
Good Morning Freinds,

I have just bought what looks like a Typical TRactor motor but the serial
number stamped next to the coil mount bracket is V669ME. What the heck is
that? Was it from a Vangaurd or something? The SU carb set up looks just
like my 59 TR3A. Anything else I should check to provide more clues?

The gearbox has the number CT50815 stamped on the back of the clutch shaft
boss.

These came out of a TR3 chassis that had a Carabee (spelling?) kit car body
on it. The car was in Warren Illinois. Perhaps someone on the list knows
its' story? I just bought the motor and trans. for my 3A that needs a major
engine rebuild so I can get it on the road this summer. It was supposedly
running good just two months ago when pulled out of the kit car. I also got
the rear axle assembly (which I don't need) thrown in.

Any light anyone can shed on the origin of the motor and gearbox would be
appreciated.

Cheers,
Curt

WWW.essex1.com/people/fishnet/ <http://www.essex1.com/people/fishnet/>
Spritely Vintage Racing Homepage.

"Racing is life, everything that comes before, or after is just waiting",
Steve McQueen from Le Mans.

"Compared to Road Racing, heroin addiction is like a vague longing for
something salty"

===     http://www.vtr.org