Re: Quizz Answers ... NO LBC

To: <pethier@isd.net>, "Michael Hargreave Mawson" <OC@46thfoot.com>,
Subject: Re: Quizz Answers ... NO LBC
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 21:59:43 -0000
Phil Ethier wrote:
> Do you folks in the UK use the Pound Sterling symbol for
> weight when you are not talking metric?

No, but its all getting a bit complicated now. You can buy a pint of beer -
but not a pint of paint because its illegal to sell paint in the old
imperial measure That said, its also illegal to sell beer in litres or half
litres but that's the way our fuel is sold. Its the usual half-baked British
idea of *compromise*

Jonmac

===     http://www.vtr.org