RE: Click Adjust

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Click Adjust
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 10:58:07 -0800
> I  am not a  total goof working  on cars, but  I just
> can not "get it"  in adjust in  valves ...
> ANY ideas  gratefully accepted  ...

My first suggestion would be to forget about Click Adjust and so on, all you
need is a 1/2" box end wrench, a flat blade screwdriver, and a .010" feeler
gauge.

But some info on what doesn't work for you would be helpful.  I've been
running valves since I was 15 and the only real problems I can remember
having turned out to be due to wear in the valve train.  If the components
are worn, you have to expect inconsistent readings (within reason and
depending on how bad the wear is).  The only advantage I can see to the CA
is that it helps compensate for worn rocker tips.

A far better solution to that is to have the rocker shaft rebuilt, IMO.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org