Re: ebay liars?

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ebay liars?
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 17:27:28 -0700
fred thomas wrote:

> The very best place to purchase parts for a good price and know you
> will be treated 1st class is as usual right here on this list, ask for
> whatever part it may be, if a list member does not have the part,
> he'll know where to get it. BTDT so many, many times. "FT"

As usual, Fred's right.  So here is what I need.... a rear hub for a TR4
(though since all I need is the hub and not the axle shaft I think a TR3
hub would work as well).  Long (steel wheel) studs preferred but
obviously short studs or no studs would be better than nothing.

My sad story... a friend had a hub puller he had used successfully many
times in the past.  Well the hub on my TR4 was *really* stubborn -- that
puller made a pretzel out of it and never did get it loose.  Now running
on a loaner axle he had laying around but need to replace my original
hub and return the loaner someday soon (assuming I can get the old hub
loose).

Let me know if you have one & what price you have in mind.  Many thanks.

Geo Hahn