RE: TR3 running hot

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>, <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 running hot
From: "Mark Gendron" <lists01@canleyworks.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 09:23:04 -0700

if
> only because there'll be no power left to move the car !

On the airplane, most of that fan-generated breeze is going around the
outside of the engine cowling. The air inlets for engine cooling are
actually quite small, and they are adjacent to the prop hub where
relatively little thrust is generated. So that low-pressure generation
on the backside of the engine compartment is very important.