Re: Compression test

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Compression test
From: "Edward Anderson" <eandy01@tcnmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 20:32:51 -0700 (PDT)
Been a long time since I've done it on a LBC then it was on my Healey.
This is the first time I've heard of performing hot or cold and I'm sure
that manual didn't say or it would have been only way. I'm sure I probably
did it both ways and always had same readings. Perhaps the difference was
that I always set the valves first then comp tested for accuracy and did
that weekly. My question is, again because manual didn't say, does it make
a difference if all plugs are out or one at a time? I always did one at a
time. Saved marking wires. It was a new 60 overbore rebuild and the
readings were consistent in range w/a low of 185 and high of 195. Wouild
they have read lower w/ all plugs out. I too used a remote starter. Made
valve setting an easy task.
Ed TR3a