Re: Hood release -- the magic auto-opener

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hood release -- the magic auto-opener
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 18:27:58 -0700
Andrew Frink wrote:

> Thanks all for your thoughts on this. I'm going to try to do some
> adjustments tonight to see if I can't get this to work better. I
> hadn't thought of the pin being adjustable, but that makes perfect
> sense. If it was too short, it might explain my issues. I'm also
> going to look into the alternate release mentioned--that cable makes
> me a bit nervous!

Here is how I did a back-up release cable.

http://www.cybertrails.com/~ahwahnee/bonnet%20release.JPG

Ignore the arrows, they're left over from a message to a lister who had
a broken cable and was trying to visualize how to pop the bonnet with a
long screw driver.

I used the Moss cable but any cable with handle on the end would work
fine.  There was already a grommeted hole there that I used.

Geo Hahn